Friday

The Gift of Charity









CHARITY


Charity encompasses all godly virtues.


Above all the attributes of godliness and perfection, charity is one of the most devoutly to be desired. Charity is far more than love, it is everlasting love, perfect love, the pure love of Christ which endureth forever. It is love centered in righteousness that the possessor has no aim or desire for the welfare of his own soul and for the souls of all those around. 


Mother Teresa said, "We can not do great things on this earth, only small things with great love". We shouldn't feel that we have to do big things to show charity. The smallest things such as a listening ear, a simple hello, or a smile can do more than money ever can.


One who possesses Charity seeketh not his own, is NOT easily provoked, thinketh no evil, rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in TRUTH, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, and endureth all things.


If I am a possessor of Charity I will certainly feed the hungry, clothe, the naked, visit the sick, the widow, the divorced, the abandoned, and the lost. I will administer to others both temporally and spiritually and doing this not just during the Christmas season, but each and every day of my life. 


I must say, my mother and my wife have to be the best exemplars of charity I know. They are alway so happy and I know it's because they always think of others before themselves; they truly live a charitable lives giving of their time, talents, and gifts in the service of others.


Some quotes on Charity that I like are:


"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."
                                                       - Winston Churchill


"The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others."
                                                       - Mahatman Gandhi


"As one person I cannot change the world, but I can change the world of one person."
                                                       - Paul Shane Spear




May we each live a life full of charity and follow the examples of those who possess it, such as Christ, my mother, my wife, and many others from the past and present. Always remembering, that when charity is lived it is like throwing a rock in a lake, it ripples on and on from one person to the next and has no end.








No comments:

Post a Comment